Teltonika TSW200: Unmanaged Industrial Active PoE+ 8-port Switch With Two (2) SFP Ports
Are you looking for a reliable, high-performance, and cost-effective solution to connect and power your industrial network devices? Look no further than the TSW200 unmanaged industrial switch from Teltonika Networks. This switch offers fiber-optic and Power-over-Ethernet capability for a wide range of industrial applications.
The TSW200 switch comes with the following key features:
- 2 SFP ports for long-range fiber-optic communication: The switch has two small form-factor pluggable (SFP) ports that can support fiber-optic modules for long-distance communication. Fiber-optic cables offer higher bandwidth, lower latency, and better immunity to electromagnetic interference than traditional copper cables.
- 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports for high-speed data transfer: The switch has eight RJ45 ports that support 10/100/1000 Mbps data rates, ensuring fast and smooth data transmission for your network devices. Gigabit Ethernet is ideal for industrial settings where high-speed data transfer is essential for applications such as video surveillance, automation, or control systems.
- Support for IEEE802.af and IEEE802.3at Power-over-Ethernet standards: The switch can deliver power and data over a single Ethernet cable to your Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) enabled devices, such as cameras, access points, or sensors. This eliminates the need for separate power adapters or cables, reducing installation costs and space requirements. The switch supports both IEEE802.af and IEEE802.3at PoE standards, which can provide up to 15.4 watts and 30 watts of power per port respectively.
- Classification as power source equipment (PSE): The switch is classified as PSE, which means it can act as a centralized power source for your PoE devices. You can connect the switch to a standard power outlet or a backup battery to ensure the uninterrupted operation of your network devices in case of power outages or fluctuations.
- Ability to deliver up to 30 watts per port: The switch can deliver up to 30 watts of power per port to your PoE devices, enabling you to power high-energy devices such as PTZ cameras, wireless access points, or VoIP phones. This gives you more flexibility and versatility in designing your network.
The following sections provide more detailed information about each of the key features of the TSW200 switch:
Long-Range Fiber-Optic Communication
Fiber-optic communication is a method of transmitting data using light pulses through thin strands of glass or plastic called fiber-optic cables. Fiber-optic cables have several advantages over traditional copper cables, such as:
- Higher Bandwidth: Fiber-optic cables can carry more data than copper cables of the same diameter. This means you can transmit more information faster and more efficiently using fiber-optic cables.
- Lower Latency: Fiber-optic cables have lower signal attenuation and dispersion than copper cables, which means they can transmit data with less delay and distortion. This improves the quality and performance of your network communication.
- Better Immunity To Electromagnetic Interference: Fiber-optic cables are immune to electromagnetic interference from sources such as motors, generators, or radio waves. This reduces the risk of data loss or corruption due to external noise or interference.
The TSW200 switch has two SFP ports that can support fiber-optic modules for long-distance communication. SFP modules are small devices that plug into the SFP ports and convert electrical signals into optical signals and vice versa. SFP modules come in different types and specifications depending on the distance, wavelength, and speed of the communication.
By using SFP modules and fiber-optic cables with the TSW200 switch, you can extend your network reach up to several kilometers without compromising the quality or performance of your network communication.
High-Speed Data Transfer
You can ensure high-throughput data transfer within your LAN.
Data transfer is the process of sending or receiving data between network devices using a communication medium such as Ethernet. Data transfer speed is measured in bits per second (bps) or megabits per second (Mbps), which indicate how much data can be transmitted in one second.
Data transfer speed is important for network performance because it affects how fast you can send or receive information over your network. Higher data transfer speeds mean faster and smoother network communication.
The TSW200 switch supports Gigabit Ethernet speeds, which means it can support data transfer rates up to 1000 Mbps or 1 Gbps. Gigabit Ethernet is ideal for industrial settings where high-speed data transfer is essential for applications such as video surveillance, automation, or control systems.
By using Gigabit Ethernet ports with the TSW200 switch, you can ensure fast and smooth data transmission for your network devices. You can stream high-quality video, audio, or data without any lag or interruption.
Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) is a technology that allows network devices to receive power and data over a single Ethernet cable. PoE eliminates the need for separate power adapters or cables, reducing installation costs and space requirements.
PoE is governed by various standards that define the specifications and protocols for delivering power and data over Ethernet. The most common PoE standards are IEEE802.af and IEEE802.3at, which are supported by the TSW200 switch.
IEEE802.af is the original PoE standard that was introduced in 2003. It can provide up to 15.4 watts of power per port, which is sufficient for most low-power devices such as cameras, access points, or sensors.
IEEE802.3at is an enhanced PoE standard that was introduced in 2009. It can provide up to 30 watts of power per port, which is enough for high-power devices such as PTZ cameras, wireless access points, or VoIP phones.
By supporting both IEEE802.af and IEEE802.3at PoE standards, the TSW200 switch can deliver power and data to a wide range of PoE-enabled devices. You can also mix and match different types of devices depending on their power requirements.
Power Source Equipment Classification
Power source equipment (PSE) is a device that can act as a centralized power source for PoE devices. PSE can be either endspan or midspan devices.
Endspan devices are integrated with network switches or routers and can provide power and data over the same Ethernet cable. Midspan devices are standalone devices that are inserted between network switches or routers and PoE devices and can provide power over a separate Ethernet cable.
The TSW200 switch is classified as an endspan PSE device, which means it can provide power and data over the same Ethernet cable to your PoE devices. You can connect the switch to a standard power outlet or a backup battery to ensure the uninterrupted operation of your network devices in case of power outages or fluctuations.
By using the TSW200 switch as an endspan PSE device, you can simplify your power supply management and reduce the number of cables and devices in your network.
Up To 30 Watts Per Port
The TSW200 switch can deliver up to 30 watts of power per port to your PoE devices, enabling you to power high-energy devices such as PTZ cameras, wireless access points, or VoIP phones.
This gives you more flexibility and versatility in designing your network. You can use the switch to power any type of PoE device regardless of its power consumption. You can also use the switch to power multiple low-power devices using a single port with a splitter or injector.
By delivering up to 30 watts per port, the TSW200 switch can reduce your installation effort and expand your network capabilities.
Please read the full TSW200 technical specifications below.
|LAN||8 x LAN ports, 10/100/1000 Mbps, compliance with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, 802.3az standards, supports auto MDI/MDIX crossover|
|Fiber||2 x SFP ports|
|PoE ports||Port 1: 8|
|PoE standards||802.3af and 802.3at|
|PoE Max Power per Port (at PSE)||30 W|
|Total PoE Power Budget (at PSE)||240 W|
|Bandwidth (Non-blocking)||20 Gbps|
|Packet buffer||128 KB|
|MAC address table size||2K entries|
|Connector||2-pin industrial DC power socket|
|Input voltage range||7-57 VDC|
|Input voltage range for PoE||44-57 VDC|
|Power consumption (idle/max no PoE/max)||<2.2 W/<19 W/106 W|
|PHYSICAL INTERFACES (PORTS, LEDS)|
|Ethernet||8 x RJ45 ports, 10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Fiber||2 x SFP ports|
|Status LED’s||1 x Power LED, 16 x LAN status LED’s 2 x SFP status LED’s|
|Power||1 x 2-pin industrial DC power socket|
|Ground||1 x Grounding screw|
|Casing material||Full aluminum housing|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||132 x 44.2 x 95.1 mm|
|Mounting||DIN rail or wall mounting (additional kit needed), flat surface placement|
|Operating temperature||-40 °C to +75 °C|
|Operating humidity||10 % to 90 % non-condensing|
|Ingress Protection Rating||IP30|
How & Where To Buy?
To buy the Teltonika TSW200 PoE+ Switch, you can drop by (requires prior appointment) our store located at Novatel Communications Main St, Buttevant, Co. Cork, P51 K066, Ireland.
To order online, simply click on the Add to Cart button, and then go through the fast, easy, and secure checkout process. Payment is provided for your convenience via Authipay Payment Gateway. You can use any supported cards (MasterCard, Visa, etc).
How Will My Order Be Delivered?
Your order(s) will be shipped via express delivery and are typically delivered within 1-4 business days. Your order will be dispatched directly from our warehouse and you will be provided a piece of tracking information for your order after it is dispatched. If you have any questions about your order status, please contact us.
Looking for a 4-port Switch?
You can check out the TSW100 4-port PoE Switch.